Thursday, September 18, 2008

Grounding more punishment for the parent

Brittany has been grounded for two days for having a general bad attitude and being no help while trying to deal with the power being out. I don't know if this is just being 14 and she will get over it or the residue of moving 3000 miles away from her friends. I am beginning to believe that it is more punishment for me then her. Yesterday on of her friends came over and asked to talk to me, (this does not happen unless they want something by the way). He informed me he loved me and I was the best Mom since his mother, lol do I need to say they live right across the street and his mother used to babysit Katlyn. I looked right at him and asked if he was trying to get Brittany ungrounded,
" Yep" he said.
Well as I was not the one who grounded her I informed him that was up to her father who was at work. He asked when he would be home, midnight I informed him.
"I will see him at midnight then"
Obviously his mother was not going to let him come over at midnight but I thought the whole episode was rather amusing.
Since we have grounded her I have had more children at my door telling me that "they missed her and was going to die a horrible death if she was not ungrounded" for her part she hides in her room and talks to them on myspace, even though I do admit she has started helping out more.

1 comment:

 
Custom Search