Monday, May 25, 2009

The Balance of LIfe

I honestly thought when I started this blog that I would be able to balance work, school and kids and still have time to right each day. Man was I wrong, I suddenly found that I do have a limit to how much time I have in a day and no amount of wishing will allow you to add extra hours. Finishing my degree has gave me a great deal of my life back, I do admit that it was totally worth the time and effort, but for those who are questioning furthering their education past a bachelors degree, the rewards will be worth the time and effort.

My mother-in-law once stated that anything past a B.A. is a waste of time and money, considering she no longer teaches school since she would not further her education, I am glad that I did not take that advice to heart and went with my own decisions. I was taught to respect your elders and listen to their advice, but often lately it seems the older generations are willing to learn and adapt less. Is then a trend everywhere or am I just seeing this trend more now that I am living away from home. After I graduated with my B.A. I thought I was ready and that finding a entry level position in my field would be easier, was I ever wrong, it seemed just as I had met one set of requirements new ones were introduced. This is what caused me to go straight from BA to Masters and so far the move has been successful.

Everyday I read news about how expensive school is, and how graduates will have a hard time finding jobs. My question is if this is true and a consistent trend, where will it all end? Will Society just find a new way to separate the masses and continue with a more hidden separation of the classes. From the beginning of time, there has been some sort of classification system among humans, simply from those who were were stronger and more apt survive, all the way to intentional segregation. The new constantly changing job requirements are just a new way to make it harder to rise above your "station". Not that it is impossible, just often difficult for those without the resources or support to help them find the way. I am hoping to give my children the needed support to excel, to give them a accurate glimpse of the world around them, and help them learn that what they learn is theory is not always the reality of life. When are we going to take a page from history and see the writing on the wall and work to find a way to change history not just let it repeat its self.

That being said I am hoping to have more time to post, and want to make posts that are not just wrapped around the life of my children, I have discovered new books and a new love for anything not school related.

No comments:

 
Custom Search